Thursday, April 9, 2015

Beef stew

I know, I know its summer, so why Beef stew? we have had a fun cold snap here. We actually wore long sleeves yesterday for warmth in West Texas.

Any hoo, Our stew meat is $7 and up here locally and I am feeding 7 people so that doesn't work. Instead I bought a 2 lb top round roast for 4.50 a pound.



My husband was kind enough to cut it up and get it started for me. add meat to 4-6 cups of water in a pan.



It has been slow cooking in a pan on med/lo, your knob will be at about the 9 o'clock position, for 4 hours.



1 tbsp each of salt and pepper to season.

Four hours into cooking the meat is fall apart tender so i add 1 pound of baby carrots.



In 30 minutes I will add cubed potatoes as well.
Cooking until a fork slides easily into both potatoes and carrots.
then serve




I made some rolls to go with it :) enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment