Wednesday, March 4, 2015

how to turn a box into a meal

OK tonight is Salisbury steak night for us.

This post will show How you can turn this box into a meal worth sitting down to.



It takes 3 of these boxes to feed my family of 7. First thing is first Put them in the oven on a cookie sheets according to directions and bake. Takes about an hour but you don't have to stand and stir so I like it.

About 30 minutes after starting the Salisbury steak, I grab 2 bags of Frozen Veggies. My family likes California blend. Place them in a large saucepan with water about 1 inch over the top of veggies and boil them to your families desired tenderness.



Once that is started, Slice some onions, I use white onions but you can use any kind you want.



After they are sliced put them in a saucepan with about 4 Tablespoons of butter, and 1 or 2 tablespoons of worcestershire sauce. turn the heat to medium, put lid on them and stir occasionally.
once they have softened and absorbed the juice turn off the heat and set aside. (add more butter or worcestershire sauce if needed while cooking to keep from running out of liquid)


Check your veggies. If they are done Drain them and add butter to taste.

Now get your Salisbury steak out of the oven and take off the film on them.

Put some biscuits in the oven to bake following directions on the can. I used



Now to plate it all up. Place one or two salisbury steaks on a plate and top them with the sauteed onions and sauce, add a helping of buttered veggies beside them, lastly set a biscuit or two on the plate.



this Meal cost me
$9 salisbury steaks for 3 boxes
$2 for 2 cans of biscuits
$2 for 2 bags of  frozen veggies
$1 for 1 onion

I had butter and worcestershire sauce already in my house. So this meal cost me $14 to feed 7 people, that's $2 a person and my kids cheer when its salisbury steak night so its a win win.

cook time 1 hour to 1 hour 20 minutes with biscuits
level of difficulty :easy





No comments:

Post a Comment