Sunday, March 15, 2015

Meatloaf Nice and Easy

This is the recipe I use for my family on most occasions

Ingredients
2 to 3 pounds hamburger meat
2 cups cut up bell peppers and onions
2 packets of meatloaf seasoning
1 pack of saltine crackers
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons Montreal seasoning
4 medium eggs
1 cup approximate  of ketchup, BBQ sauce or mixed depending on what i have on hand

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
* In a skillet cook onions and peppers till they are soft



* Crush up saltines into large mixing bowl

* Dump all seasoning and packets into bowl

* Add in the onions and bell peppers
* Put the raw hamburger meat in the bowl
AT this point I recommend gloves to be put on
*by hand mix all the ingredients squishing it through your hands and mixing
* add eggs and mix again

Remove meatloaf mix from bowl and place in pan
pat it into shape and add your BBQ sauce or ketchup on top.
for this one I put about 1/2 cup of honey BBQ sauce on

BAKE FOR 1 HOUR OR UNTIL DONE (not pink inside)
about 15 minutes until your meatloaf is done, add another layer of topping. My second layer is Ketchup for the kids.


While this is baking I have some Potatoes, that were boiled this morning, I am heating up. I will peal them, smash them, add butter, milk, and seasoning to create mashed potatoes.

I opened 2 cans of carrots and added half a stick of butter into the pan with them to heat up.


No comments:

Post a Comment