Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Welcome

Hello, my name is Rebecca Edwards.

I love planning meals and cooking for my family. I am a throwback in many ways.

I love to bake my own bread from scratch, No machines other than an oven, making my own laundry soap and growing our own veggies.

Our family isn't fancy, we like good old fashioned foods.Meatloaf with mashed potatoes and any veggie, Enchilada's, Salmon Patties with sliced cucumbers on the side.

I homeschool my 4 children ranging in age from 2 to 12,my husband is a disabled Vet, and I don't want to spend all day in the kitchen. I would rather be spending time with my kids or reading.

I am passing down my recipes and teaching my kids to cook them and decided to share them with You.

This blog was started after I tried to create a workable meal plan for my family. All the recipes I found online for family meals was stuff my kids wouldn't touch, stuff with ingredients I couldn't find or afford. Couscous? Gnocchi? Tofu? Black bean burgers? Pumpkin alfredo?

Now my kids are strange little critters, they ask for spinach, asparagus, salads, wraps, lasagna, and meatloaf.

Their favorite Pizza is: a store bought crust drizzled with olive oil, shred pizza blend cheese, topped with sauteed mushrooms, spinach and garlic. Second favorite is a store bought Bacon pizza.

They prefer sliced cucumbers or oranges over junk food for a snack. Although they do love candy and such they just prefer the healthy options.

I Love their little taste buds being this way.

Here is to classic, old fashioned, comfort food. Lets explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment